There are varying alert types available in Insights. These alerts allow you to be notified for reasons other than just Temperature and can be used to add an extra layer of security to your notifications. Below is an overview of available Alerts. Please note that Alert availability will vary depending on the type of sensor being used.Sensor Alerts
Temperature: Alerts based on temperature readings. Triggered by crossing a specified temperature threshold.
- Alerts related to the actual sensor being used by the device
Humidity: Alerts based on humidity readings. Triggered by crossing a specified humidity threshold.
- Example: Alert me once the temperature has risen above 90ºF
Flood: Alerts based on the detection of water. Triggered by the feet of the sensor recognizing that water has been detected (via contact with the sensor).
- Example: Alert me once the humidity has fallen below 50%
Dry Contact: Alerts triggered by a switch being opened or closed.
- Example: The sensor feet touch water due to a pipe burst in the basement. A Flood notification is then dispatched.
- Example: The switch is opened on an air conditioner with a compatible dry contact switch, causing an alert to be dispatched.
Missed Report: Alerts based on loss of connection. This covers all types of connection loss including but not limited to signal strength issues, network disconnections, power loss, etc. Triggered when the device has not reported in for X intervals (specified by the user), regardless of reason.
- Alerts related to the device rather than the sensors (Please note that Device Alert availability varies based on device type)
Power Monitor (2 Types Available - Exclusive to Cellular and Wireless Node Models)AC Power Lost: Alert based on lose of AC Power connection. Triggered due to the loss of power supply to the device.
- Example: WiFi network has crashed, causing the device to go offline. After 1 hour of inactivity, an alert is dispatched.
- Example: The power strip the device is plugged into is accidentally unplugged. After 1 hour of inactivity, an alert is dispatched.
Low Battery: Alert based on % of battery left. Triggered when the backup battery on the device falls below 25%.
- Example: The power cord is accidentally unplugged from a power strip. The Power Lost alert is then dispatched.
- Example: A wall outlet loses power due to a fuse blowing. Even though the cord is still connected, a Power Lost alert is dispatched.