This technote explains how to set up the automated PC shutdown feature when using the USB device. This feature enables the device to shut the system down once a temperature threshold has been exceeded. *Note
: This action completely shuts down the system upon which the device is running. Please keep in mind that you will lose unsaved data when the system shuts down. Steps
- Launch the USB Software, then click the Settings tab.
- In the Advanced Settings area, click Shutdown.
- In the Shutdown Settings dialog, click the Enable Shutdown checkbox to give permission for Temperature@lert to shut down the system when a maximum/minimum temperature threshold is crossed.
- In the Shutdown after ___ minutes field, type the number of minutes that must elapse after a recurring alarm event, but before Temperature@lert shuts down the system.
- Click OK.
- To store the information, click Save & Apply Changes.